How Can We Help?
Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
What are some grade sync best practices?
- Create assignments and assessments via your Materials page rather than through the calendar or through the gradebook
- Leave folders that have assignments/assessments in them published while syncing from Schoology to PS
- Wait to sync assignments that are individually assigned until all students have taken the assessment or completed the assignment
- Do not change due dates on assessments or assignments that have been synced
- Don’t check the sync to SIS box if you are not intending to issue a grade
- Spot check grades between Schoology & PS gradebooks a few times a quarter
- If grades don’t match, check the assignments. What is in one gradebook that is not in the other? And vice versa
- Never enter a grade directly in PS
- An 89.45 may show as an 89.5 in Schoology but the actual grade is an 89 and that is what will be shown in PS
- Bulk edit: be sure the assignment name is not longer than 50 characters, the sync to SIS box is checked and make sure the following options are all selected: category, grading scale, due date, and period