Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
How do I troubleshoot grade sync errors?
STEP 1 Is my grade set-up complete and correct?
- Category weighting is automatically set-up in your PTP gradebook as:
- Are my categories weighted under grade set-up with the correct percentages for each category? They must match the category weights in PowerSchool (see above). Have I mapped my categories in Schoology in the PowerSchool app under the configuration tab?
How do I complete my Grade Setup in Schoology?
- Am I dropping a quiz or classwork/homework grade? If so, have I made sure to drop them in both the Schoology grade set-up as well as the PTP gradebook?Have I ‘Recalculated final grades’ for each section in my PTP gradebook?
How do I drop low scores by category in my Schoology gradebook?
How do I drop low scores by category in my PowerTeacher Pro Gradebook?*If you choose to drop a quiz or classwork/homework grade it must be for all 4 quarters. Schoology does not have the ability to do this by grading term.
STEP 2 Do I have the same number of classwork/homework, quiz, and test grades in PTP that I do in Schoology?
The best way to do this is as follows:
- View your Schoology course as one of your students (one whose grade is not the same between the 2 gradebooks) by navigating to Course options > view course as > select student > grades.
- Open your PowerTeacher Pro Gradebook > A+ Grading > Select the name of the same student.
- Compare number of assignments in each category.
STEP 3 Do I have any folders, assignments, or assessments unpublished in Schoology?
If you have unpublished folder with an assignment or an assessment within that folder, those grades will not sync to PowerSchool. If the grades have already synced to PowerSchool and then you go back to unpublish the folder in Schoology and push another grade sync, those grades will not not be published in PowerSchool.
STEP 4 Do I have an assignment that has synced from Schoology to PowerSchool but no grades synced?
Delete that individual assignment from your PTP gradebook and then go back to Schoology and resync that individual assignment again.
STEP 5 Have I ‘Recalculated final grades’ for each section in my PTP gradebook?
Navigate to PTP gradebook > A+ Grading > Scoresheet > click the gearwheel in the top right corner > 'Recalculate Final Grades' > 'Recalculate'.